Bill Melvin's baseball camps are designed to teach and improve the baseball skills for kids ages 4 to 12.
Bill mixes baseball fundamentals with some life lessons and games and fun.
Participants work on a variety of skills including fielding, batting, pitching, base-running, and much more in a safe and fun environment. Coach Melvin employs a number of local baseball standouts as camp counselors to ensure that each camper will enjoy his share of personal instruction and attention.
What to expect at camp:
- a safe environment for each player
- qualified instructors who care about the well-being of players
- learning the fundamentals for hitting, pitching, fielding and throwing
- strategy and philosophies of the game of baseball
- more fun that you could ever imaging in the middle of summer in the Georgia heat
- great friendships
What to bring to camp:
- an attitude to learn the game of baseball
- the baseball equipment that you need for the game
- hat and sunscreen (shorts are permissible)
- signed medical release and registration form
- check for the camp (see registration form for amount)
DHYS Baseball will host Bill Melvin's camp at Medlock Park from June 9-13, 2014 and June 16-20, 2014 for ages 4-12. Cost of enrollment is $225.
to register for the June 9 - 13 Camp!
to register for the June 16 - 20 Camp!
Ben Johnstone's Top Tier Baseball Advanced Development Camps:
Camp 1 - June 2nd to June 6th, 9:00am-1:00pm, Medlock Park
Camp 2 - June 23rd to June 27th, 9:00am-1:00pm, Medlock Park
Camp 3 - July 7th to July 11th, 9:00am-1:00pm, Medlock Park
All Players ages 11 (advanced 11's only) to 15 years-old are welcome to attend!
*Parents may drop off as early as 8:45am and must pick up no later than 1:00pm. Post-camp lesson slots are available by appointment. All campers should bring a water bottle and a snack or lunch. Snacks and lunch will not be provided by the camp.
Ben Johnstone will be conducting his annual Top Tier Baseball Summer Advanced Development Camps the weeks of June 2nd-6th from 9am-1pm, June 23rd-27th from 9am-1pm, and July 7th-11th from 9am-1pm at Medlock Park. At these hard work camps players will work on developing college and professional level skills in the areas of Hitting, Fielding, Pitching, Catching, Base Running/Stealing, and Team Fundamentals. Players will leave these camps clearly understanding what is expected of young players at the high school, college, and professional levels, and each player will feel more prepared to work toward their goals of making higher level teams in the years to come. THESE ARE THE MOST ADVANCED CAMPS IN THE ATLANTA AREA. Former campers are on varsity teams at many of the local high schools, and several are now playing in college or have finished their college careers.
These camps are part of Ben's Top Tier Baseball Instructional Program that includes year-round lessons at Medlock Park as well as clinics for players, parents, coaches, and teams. Through Top Tier Baseball Ben works to promote the ideals of scholar-athleticism and strives to contribute to the positive confidence-building experiences of children, teens, and families in the community of youth sports. For more information please visit www.toptierbaseball.com .
Ben Johnstone (the baseball player):
- two-sport standout at Yale University (football / baseball)
- played in the prestigious Cape Cod College Summer League
- team co-MVP, Cape League All-Star, and Cape League Sportsmanship Award
- drafted by the Chicago Cubs (1999)
- named Best Defensive Outfielder and Fastest Baserunner by Baseball America
- Cubs' MVP for both Instructional League and Spring Training
- led the Cubs organization in stolen bases with 54 (2000)
Ben Johnstone (the coach):
- 13 years of coaching experience
- has coached players and coaches as high as the college level
- founder of Top Tier Baseball and Top Tier Recruiting
- has guided dozens of players through high school into college ranks
- is proud of all the young scholar-athletes he sees and works with each day
- is grateful to all of the families in the DHYS community for their positivity and support over the past 10 years
NIKE Greg Frady Baseball Camp at McCoy Park
(Click the pic to register!)